+ Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
+ Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
+ Post them here for everyone to guess.
+ Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
+ NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions.
1. Yes, Jerry. I'm insane. I go to work and I sit in a box like a veal. I work every holiday, I go home to a cat and now a rich and handsome man has asked me to marry him and I've said yes. OK. That makes me a total raving lunatic.
2. For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home.
3. This is pitiful. A thousand people freezing their butts off waiting to worship a rat. highrise - Groundhog Day
4. You don't have bones of glass. You can take life's knocks. If you let this chance pass, eventually, your heart will become as dry and brittle as my skeleton. So, go get him, for Pete's sake! celaeno - Amelie
5. Why? Because you're the son of a clerk, and I'm not supposed to want to be you! morningroses - The Count of Monte Cristo
6. The kids who get bit by radioactive insects or fall into a vat of toxic waste, their powers usually show up the next day. Or - they die. babytoaster - Sky High
7. This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then explode. quenneth - Serenity. Hee, geeky movies!
8. Harold Crick was a man of infinite numbers, endless calculations, and remarkably few words. And his wristwatch said even less. babytoaster - Stranger Than Fiction
9. There comes a point when any reasonable man will swallow his pride and admit he made a mistake. The truth is... I was never a reasonable man. tonichelle - Big Fish
10. He had a quiet way about him, a walk and a talk that just wasn't normal around here. He strolled, like a man in a park without a care or a worry in the world, like he had on an invisible coat that would shield him from this place. rainolive - The Shawshank Redemption. A fabulous movie. A friend and I made a promise to see it together recently.
11. I had a good life before you. Well, not good... but... it was okay. Well... it was empty actually, but at least I was blissfully unaware of how miserable I was. Where as now... because of you... I am acutely aware of how completely and totally unhappy I am. Thank you for that. tonichelle - Failure to Launch
12. Boys, you must strive to find your own voice. Because the longer you wait to begin, the less likely you are to find it at all. Thoreau said, "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation." Don't be resigned to that. Break out! babytoaster - Dead Poets Society
13. Containment and control. This house is about ownership, not connection. I mean, it's beautiful. Seductive, even. But, it's incomplete. It was all about him. Dad knew how to build a house, not a home. But you know... I think he wants us to do what he couldn't. But, admitting that would mean admitting that he came up short in some way... that he could do more. And that tortures him. jesusphreaq - The Lake House
14. The rumba is the vertical expression of a horizontal wish. kestrel_galien - Shall We Dance
15. Soon the world will know the truth. That this is a city born of heroes. That one man can make a difference.
KEEP TRYING PEOPLE!