Her creation of a 43 Things Meme will be repeated. And her inclusion of angsty lyrics.
I'm awake, afternoon
I fell asleep in the living room
It's one of those moments when everything is so clear...
Before the truth goes back into hiding
I want to decide, 'cuz it's worth deciding
To work on finding something more than this fear,
It takes so much out of me to pretend
Tell me now, tell me how to make amends
Maybe I need to see the daylight
Leave behind the half-life
Don't you see I'm breaking down?
Lately there's something here don't feel right
This is just a half-life,
Is there really no escape, no escape from time?
Of any kind?
Wake me, I wanna see the daylight
Save me from this half-life
Let's you and I escape, escape from time...
A name and a face I think kind of look like mine,
If it had a home, would it be my eyes?
Would you believe me if I said I'm tired of this?
Will this end, it goes on and on
Over and over and over again
Keeps spinning around, I know that it won't stop
'Til I step down from this for good
I never thought I'd end up
Never thought I'd be standing where I am
I guess I thought it would be easier than this
I guess I was wrong.
So today I thought I'd focus on the positive instead of the negative, and write a list of
43 Reasons I've Had a Great Summer (So Far):
1. I've seen the sky light up with northern lights and the milky way and shooting stars, and I've enjoyed the glory of His creation.
2. I found a wonderful church family where I'm accepted and allowed to help.
3. I had a wonderful job that gave me experience in graphic arts, a good boss, and good coworkers.
4. My music collection has grown exponentially. I think I'm at about 960 now.
5. My friendships with some friends have grown a lot. (Ricki, Shelley, Stacy, Ash, Aaron)
6. I saw life clearer without having a crush on anyone. It's been awhile since that's happened.
7. I saw more of my own faults and saw more of other people's good sides.
8. I felt priveledged to live/have a bedroom in the family dining room and still do.
9. I got quite a bit of alone time.
10. I got to know my neighbor's dogs. And they loved me.
11. I learned a lot about lungs and non-profit organization inner-politics :)
12. I found out the joys of Ebay and got some things I needed.
13. I grew out my nails and painted them with flowers.
14. I experienced a lot of little blessings. Like Ricki's Dad fixing my bike and finding out that friends of mine have a recording studio.
15. I didn't get a really serious incessant coughing illness that a lot of my friends and coworkers had.
16. It looks like I'll still be able to get into most of classes I wanted.
17. I had a lot of fun at VBS at my church this year.
18. My future profs are being very understanding about all this class changing crap.
You know what's really sad? After spending nearly an hour on PAWS and finding out how much they screwed me over I couldn't think of even one more good thing about this summer at that point. Then I figured maybe I shouldn't have tried this one.
You know what's really a good thing? I kept going. And found more things.
19. I just found out my Friday Drawing prof is Clint Hunker. Everyone loves him :)
20. Deciding to switch my Psych class to Comp Sci. With Ricki. Just because I can.
21. Finding out I was going to be a bridesmaid for a best friend's wedding :)
22. Talking/Planning with Ashleigh. Uh... and stuff. *cough*
23. Being congratulated on my photography/digital art/sound mixing.
24. Finding cool and interesting websites.
25. Being in a parade as a clown and making kids smile!!
26. Being geeky with the IVCF boys on Thursdays.
27. Having most of my friends in town, and talking to the others on MSN.
28. Almost always having something to do.
29. I had a lot of fun making icons.
30. I finally got a cellphone, and a laptop.
31. I'm starting to be more content with my schedule.
32. I got to spend some time in the sun even though most of the summer was cold.
33. I got to go to the Ex with a friend this year.
34. I got to drink tea at work for free. That was always a good thing.
35. Watching a lot of Homestar Runner toons and SB Emails.
36. Eating beef jerky even while still wearing braces.
37. Cranking up the toons when the parents weren't home.
38. Making descisions about my life and my classes.
39. Going shopping online
40. Making lists.
41. Watching good movies.
42. Getting a LiveJournal permanent account and giving my paid time to Ricki :)
43. Having a lot of really good days in spite of all the crappy ones.
Yay! I got that done! I tag anyone who is having a bad day. :)